How to Make Langue de Chat (Shiroii Koibito) Cookies
Let’s make this popular snack that is a favourite among many! Langue de chat (literally Cat’s Tongue in French) is a thin crisp cookie that’s baked until the edges brown a little and then chocolate is sandwiched between the cookies. They are best for eating right after baking.
LANGUE DE CHAT (SHIROII KOIBITO) COOKIES
This recipe uses the Langue de Chat Template Mat
Egg Whites 40g
Caster Sugar 20g
Unsalted Butter 40g
Caster Sugar 15g
Salt a pinch
Plain Flour 37g
Almond Powder 10g
Chocolate Couverture 40g
Whipping Cream 20ml
HOW TO MAKE:
1) Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celcius
2) Whip Group A ( egg whites and sugar) until a stiff meringue forms.
3) Cream Group B (butter, sugar, salt) until light and fluffy
4) Add Meringue from step 1 and use the mixer to mix at low speed
5) Add flour & fold gently
6) Spread mixture onto Langue de Chat Cookies Mat or pipe with freehand
7) Bake at 180 degrees Celcius for 10 mins and then let them cool them
8) Melt Chocolate Couverture and add whipping cream.
9) Once cookies have cooled, pipe the chocolate and sandwich between two pieces of cookies.
10) Decorate the cookies (optional)