10 Easy Steps to Delectable Black Sesame Pebble Cookies by Bakeomaniac!
Enjoy these delicious black sesame pebble cookies that resemble cute little pebbles! These cookies are just bursting with Black Sesame flavour and are buttery, crunchy and nutty all at once! It definitely left us wanting more! They’re easy to make and oh so yummy to eat! Bake it as a gift or simply for yourself as a tea-time snack!
BLACK SESAME PEBBLE COOKIES
Recipe by Bakeomaniac. This recipe uses the Langue de Chat Cookie Moulds but you may also make them as it is.
Makes about 40 cookies.
115g Unsalted Butter (Cold)
185g All-Purpose Flour
5g Milk Powder
70g Granulated Sugar
1/4 Tsp Salt
45 – 70g Black Sesame (Roasted)
1. Toast the black sesame over medium-low heat in a frying pan for about 3-5 minutes and then set aside to cool.
2. Process the black sesame seeds in a food processor until fine.
3. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar, milk powder, salt and black sesame until the black sesame is well spread out.
4. Incorporate the cold butter into the dry ingredients. You may use two forks, a food processor, or a hand-held pastry blender. Incorporate until you get a mixture of pea-sized crumbs. If the batter starts getting sticky (butter melts too fast), refrigerate for 10 minutes and work on it again.
5. Add in the egg and mix well until the dough comes together. Using your hands would help to combine it easier but be careful not to melt too much of the butter from the heat of your palms or you will lose some of the crumbliness!
6. Form a nice ball of dough and then refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes.
7. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350 F.
8. This recipe uses the Langue de Chat Cookies Mat – Circles mould and the Langue de chat Cookies Mat – Bear mould. Portion 8g of dough if you’re using the circular version or 10g for the bear-shaped mould. If you are not using any mould, roll into shapes you would like or into a log and slice! When using the template moulds, you can use a spoon, fingers or a flat-surfaced spatula to even the batter!
9. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until they turn slightly golden brown at the edges.
10. Leave the cookies to cool for 30 minutes before storing or serving. The black sesame pebble cookies has even more aroma after being left overnight!
Javier Tan, the face behind Bakeomaniac, is a self-taught baking enthusiast and influencer (@bakeomaniac) who is extremely passionate about baking. He started his journey in baking at the tender age of 15 and has been regularly sharing his recipes, experience and his bakes. He hopes to grow and improve as a community and together, improve one’s baking skills! “We might come from diverse backgrounds but I am sure we are united through our hobby of baking.” – Javier Tan