Super Cute Calico Cat Bread Recipe
Make this cute and adorable Cat Bread with our Calico Cat Bread Recipe today!
Bread-making is always therapeutic for us. All the kneading kind of releases some stress in our modern day. Making bread that is lovely to look at and enjoyable to eat is really fun! Try this recipe that uses cocoa and dark cocoa powder to achieve the different colours of the Calico cat!
*This Recipe uses the Cat Shaped Bread Mold for Easy Baking
CALICO CAT BREAD RECIPE
Bread Flour 200g
Instant Dry Yeast 4g
Cocoa Powder 1 tsp
Dark Cocoa Powder 1 tsp
HOW TO MAKE:
1) In a large bowl, add in Bread Flour, Dry Yeast, Sugar, Salt, and Butter. (Do not add yeast and salt in the same area). Mix well.
2) Gradually add milk, a little at a time, into the dough mixture from step 1 and knead well until the stickiness is gone. (About 10-15 minutes by hand; about 4-5 mins by hand mixer)
When the dough has come together, divide out two balls of 90g each and dye them with cocoa powder and dark cocoa respectively.
4) First Fermentation:
Roll the dough into a ball shape and put it in a bowl. Cover it with a food wrap and let it rise or ferment in room temperature for about 1 hour.
5) When the dough has risen to about double its original size, dust your finger with some bread flour and insert it into the dough to test the readiness. If the hole retains its shape, the dough is ready.
4) Remove the dough from the bowl and de-gas it. Divide 30gs out of each coloured dough and roll them into balls. These will form the ears of the cat. The remaining 60g will form the pattern on the face.
5) Cover all the doughs with a damp cloth or food wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6) Grease the Cat Shape Bread Mold, including the lids.
7) After resting the dough, roll the coloured ear dough into an oblong, cylindrical shape. Then form the 60g coloured doughs into water droplet shape. Lastly, degas the remaining white dough and form a triangular shape.
7) Carefully put the ears into the Cat Shape Bread Mold, first. Then attached the coloured droplet shaped dough with the mathching ears. Lastly put in the triangular white dough. Adjust and press it each piece gently making sure they are all at the same height as much as possible. Lastly, cover it, let it rest for the second fermentation.
8) 2nd Fermentation:
Let the dough ferment in ropom temperature or in a warm place (35degree Celsius) for about 30-40 mins.
9) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius. Bake the bread for 25 minutes.
Once done, carefully remove the bread from the mould and let it cool on a cooling rackl. Be careful that the tin is still hot. Condensation may form inside the mould if you do not remove the bread immediately for cooling.
11) Once cooled, slice the bread decorate the cat’s face as you like. We’ve melted some ruby chocolate and milk chocolate to draw on the ears, whiskers, eyes, nose, and mouth. Meow is all we can say after this! Thank you for trying out our Calico Cat Bread Recipe!
- Baking time may vary depending on your oven.
- To get equal and nice shape, cut away both ends of the bread after removing it out of the tin.
- Please ensure that the tin is evenly greased. The dough will stick to any ungreased areas and it may be difficult to remove the bread after baking.
- Please use mittens while unmoulding as the tin is hot.
*This Recipe uses the Cat Shape Bread Mold,.