Delicious Earl Grey Chiffon Cake
Have a love for soft, fluffy and spongy cakes? Search no more, try our easy Earl Grey Chiffon Cake recipe that’s bound to set your heart a flutter! With its moist fluffy sponge, subtle tea fragrance, and creamy whipped topping, this Earl Grey Chiffon Cake is bound to delight any cake lover. Serve it chilled and it’ll instantly refresh your soul and restart your energy!
EARL GREY CHIFFON CAKE
Makes 1 x 20cm chiffon cake
This recipe uses the Sakura Chiffon Cake Tin.
Earl Grey Milk Tea
4g Earl Grey Tea leaves
4 Yolks (from large eggs)
25g Caster Sugar
40g Vegetable Oil
60ml Earl Grey Milk Tea from above, (strained)
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
108g Cake Flour sifted
4 Egg Whites (from large eggs)
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
40g Granulated sugar
Pinch of fine sea salt
200ml Whipping Cream
20g Powdered Sugar
Mint – as you like
Sugared Flowers & Pearls – as you like
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Earl Grey Milk Tea: In a saucepan, heat up milk and earl grey tea leaves. Do not boil. Let sit for 3 mins and then strain. Extract 60ml for later use.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar (25g), with egg yolk until pale and fluffy. Add vegetable oil and earl grey milk tea & vanilla extract. Mix till well combined.
- Sift in flour and mix till batter has no more lumps. Add in earl grey tea leaves.
- Meringue: In another bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar till bubbly or soft peaks. Add in sugar (40g) in 3 batches then continue to beat on high speed till firm peaks.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the wet mixture and mix till well combined. Then fold in the rest of the meringue gently till no more whites are seen.
- Pour the cake batter into a tube tin.
- Remove any trapped large air bubbles by lightly giving the tin a couple of bangs on the table. Or gently run a chopstick through the batter keeping.
- Bake for 45-50 mins till brown or when the sides start to pull away from the tin.
- Invert the tin and let cool. Unmould cake once completely cooled
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream & powdered sugar till light soft peaks forms. 70%
- Decoration: gently drape whipped cream over the top of the cake and arrange blueberries, mint, sugared flowers & pearls around.
- Enjoy this delicious and fluffy Earl Grey Chiffon Cake!