Satisfying Very Berry Cheese Tartlets – Simply Refreshing! Makes 8 Tartlets
Add a little sweetness to your next party with our light, creamy Very Berry Cheese tartlets with a mixed berry cheesecake filling in a rich, crunchy Pâte Sablée or Pâte Sucrée tart crust and topped with your favourite fresh berries! This one’s a definite show stopper!
VERY BERRY CHEESE TARTLETS
This recipe uses the Non-Stick SILFORM Perforated Baking Mesh by Chef Koichi Izumi and does not require any blind baking. You may choose to use a 7cm tart ring as well but blind baking is required.
Makes 8 tartlets.
65g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
45g Icing Sugar
10g Milk Powder
135g Cake Flour
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Cream cheese filling
100g Cream cheese
50g Whipping cream
1 sheet Gelatine leaf (soaked in cold water & microwave 10s)
50g mixed berries (cut into chunks or processed into a puree)
Mirror Gel (optional) – for glazing / decoration – mix 2 tsp with 1tbs water
Blue Berries – at least 8 pieces
Strawberries – a couple, sliced with the greens intact.
Any other berries you prefer.
Small Mint leaf (optional)
1. Make the Pâte Sucrée tart dough first. Cream the butter and sugar together until the sugar powder has melted or disappeared.
2. Add egg yolk and vanilla bean paste and mix. Sift in milk powder & flour together. Gently mix until the dough just combines.
3. Form the dough into a round ball and then flatten it. Wrap the dough in food wrap and chill overnight, or minimally 1 hour in the fridge.
4.When ready, take out the dough and leave it at room temperature for 5 mins. Then roll it out with a rolling pin to 3mm thickness.
5. Use a round cookie cutter (7cm) to cut out 8 pieces. Chill the dough again when it gets too soft to handle. Roll out any leftover dough and use a smaller cookie cutter in any shape and cut 8 pieces out as decoration pieces or simply as extra snacks.
6. Chill the dough again (10 mins in the freezer, or 30 mins in the chiller). Chilling the dough helps to keep its shape when baking.
7. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350 F .
8. This recipe uses the Non-Stick SILFORM Perforated Baking Mesh by Chef Koichi Izumi and does not require any blind baking. Turn the mesh tray upside down and place the tart shells on top of each mould. Bake for 12 mins – 14 mins. If you have smaller pieces of cookies baked together, remember to take them out quickly at around 9-10 mins as they will brown faster than the shells.
9. Leave the tart shells to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container. Moisture absorbent sheets are recommended if you’re storing them overnight before filling them up.
10. Make the cream cheese filling:
Soak the gelatine leaf in cold water for 10 mins and then microwave/ heat it for 15s.
11. Cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Whip the whipping cream till thicken and then add to the cream cheese and sugar mixture. Fold in gently. Add in gelatine and mix.
12. Add in mixed berries. (You can choose to add in fruit chunks or process the berries in a food processor) and mix till just combined.
13. Scoop with a spoon or pipe into the tart shells then let it set in the fridge.
14. Place fruits on top and glaze with diluted mirror gel. Stick mini tart cookies if you like or add a mint leaf for a hint of freshness.
15. Enjoy these Very Berry Cheese Tartlets chiled!