Delicious Earl Grey Chiffon Cake
Have a love for soft, fluffy and spongy cakes? Search no more, try our easy Earl Grey Chiffon Cake recipe that’s bound to set your heart a flutter! With its moist fluffy sponge, subtle tea fragrance, and creamy whipped topping, this Earl Grey Chiffon Cake is bound to delight any cake lover.
EARL GREY CHIFFON CAKE
Makes 1 x 20cm chiffon cake
This recipe uses the Sakura Chiffon Cake Tin.
Earl Grey Milk Tea
4g Earl Grey Tea leaves
4 Yolks (from large eggs)
25g Caster Sugar
40g Vegetable Oil
60ml Earl Grey Milk Tea from above, (strained)
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
108g Cake Flour sifted
4 Egg Whites (from large eggs)
¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
40g Granulated sugar
Pinch of fine sea salt
200ml Whipping Cream
20g Powdered Sugar
Mint – as you like
Sugared Flowers & Pearls – as you like
- Preheat oven to 160 degree Celsius.
- Earl Grey Milk Tea: In a saucepan, heat up milk and earl grey tea leaves. Do not boil. Let sit for 3 mins and then strain. Extract 60ml for later use.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar (25g), with egg yolk until pale and fluffy. Add vegetable oil and earl grey milk tea & vanilla extract. Mix till well combined.
- Sift in flour and mix till batter has no more lumps. Add in earl grey tea leaves.
- Meringue: In another bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar till bubbly or soft peaks. Add in sugar (40g) in 3 batches then continue to beat on high speed till firm peaks.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into the wet mixture and mix till well combined. Then fold in the rest of the meringue gently till no more whites are seen.
- Pour the cake batter into a tube tin.
- Remove any trapped large air bubbles by lightly giving the tin a couple of bangs on the table. Or gently run a chopstick through the batter keeping.
- Bake for 45-50 mins till brown or when the sides start to pull away from the tin.
- Invert the tin and let cool. Unmould cake once completely cooled
- In a medium bowl, beat whipping cream & powdered sugar till light soft peaks forms. 70%
- Decoration: gently drape whipped cream over the top of the cake and arrange blueberries, mint, sugared flowers & pearls around.